1. You can transcribe audio files in Altered Studio to see the spoken words. The transcription makes it easier to navigate the audio file on the waveform and allows for Text Reinforcement (where available).
2. For this reason it is strongly recommended that all files are transcribed before any Morph effects are added to a file.
3. In any recording or open file choose between In-House Transcription or Cloud Transcription in the Transcription panel to begin transcription.
5. If there are any errors in the transcription, right click on the incorrect word and choose Change text to update the word manually. Note that unless the Text Reinforcement setting is used, changing the transcription is for convenience only and does not affect the words spoken in any morphed files.
6. Silences will be displayed in the transcription as a long underscore. This display can be toggled on and off using the Toggle Silences button in the top right corner of the Transcription panel.
7. The transcription is displayed above the waveform for convenience, this can be removed by right clicking on the waveform and deselecting Show Transcript. On longer files you may need to adjust the zoom setting on the waveform to see the transcription.
8. To adjust where Altered Studio has placed the boundaries of the words, select and then right click on the incorrectly bounded word in the Transcription panel and choose Edit Boundaries. The boundaries of the surrounding words will turn pink, indicating they can be dragged left or right to adjust the boundaries. Repeat this process with any words which need adjusting.
9. Selecting individual words or groups of words in the Transcription panel will select the associated audio on the waveform. This is useful if you want to apply effects or morphs to different sections of your file rather than the whole file.
10. To change the name of the speaker in a Transcription, select and then right click on the first word of the new speaker and choose Change Speaker. Enter the new or amended speaker’s name in the pup-up box and click OK to save.
11. Other menu options available by selecting words on the Transcription and right-clicking include Cut, which deletes the relevant section of the audio for the selected word(s), and Clear, which replaces the relevant section of the audio for the selected word(s) with silence.
12. The transcription is retained within any saved .altf files, but it is not retained in any exported audio files.